Release 2.2 is an important maintenance release of LiveChess 2 fixing a number of bugs and adding a a few new features. Upgrade to LiveChess 2.2 is highly recommended for all users of LiveChess 2.1.
Version 2.2 can be installed on systems where a previous installation is present. All tournament data remains available.
- The game overview is now resizable.
- History and move panes in the game overview are now synchronized.
- Moves in the game window are using larger figurines.
- Minor updates and bugfixes are now automatically installed.
- During startup the splash screen gives information about ongoing activity.
- In case of errors during startup a popup message will be shown.
- When selecting an e-board the position is shown in the sidebar rather than in a popup window.
- The installer for MS-Windows now provides better feedback to the end user.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Check and checkmate detection did not occur when the king was on the h-file.
- Games shown in the HTML Live Viewer would only be visible when receiving clock or game updates.
- Under some conditions the games being recorded, or that were finished, could not be edited.
- Move corrections and end of game indications were sometimes not saved.
- A clock to board cable defect could result in negative clock times being recorded.
- Some reconstruction activity may cause LiveChess to hang when trying to edit the game.
- On some MS-Windows platforms installation failed due to missing
- The 32 bit installer for Linux was broken.